Saturday 3 May 2008










MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS: Here are a couple of pix of what is perched on my bathroom shelf:
From left to right and back again: Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret - this is many a beauty editors favourite, it makes you look like you have had so much more sleep than you actually have. Picked this bad boy up on my way to Singapore, I knew I would have many long nights ahead and as I got it cheap at Duty Free I thought, why not? FYI - try to pick up as many beauty essentials as possible at Duty Free. Save your pennies for your Christian Louboutin's!
Lancome Star Bronzer is next on the list. So good, words cannot describe how handy this little bottle is. It can be a lifesaver, a beauty doctor, a miracle in a tin - gives you an even and glowing tan that washes away. Try and get BFF or Boyf to spray as it will look better if someone stands a good few inches away from you and sprays while you stand still. Always pop towels on floor/on furniture - my white and slate bathroom when a funny shade of brown...
Redken Extreme Anti Snap leave in treatment not only smells like you have been dancing with unicorns and floating with the fairies, but it actually works and repairs your strands of straw, leaving you with Rapunzel-esque hair.
Olay Complete Everyday Sunshine great for a flawless, even and non-smelly tan. I use deep sun-kissed glow as I like to be a little darker. I have very sensitive and dry skin, so I always exfoliate well before using any form of body tint. These are a little easier to use, but my skin is quite fair and picks up colour so easily. I use all tanning products sparingly, or I end up looking like a Z-list Wanna-be WAG (notice how the 'wannabe' makes it ten times worse, I mean who would ridicule themselves like that??)
Next on the ever-growing-other half-has no where to live list is; Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clear Blemish Gel. I think this is up there with the other few blemish killers - this is so good, if it were alive it would be in Belmarsh. This gem clears blemishes over night. Use before bed and if no dryness occurs, up to 3 times a day. A real must-have.
Batiste Dry Shampoo - If you haven't got this already - go out and get it now. What a legendary product this is. Spray a few inches from greasy area, leave for a few moments, brush through with fingers and voila! Lovely, fresh and gorgeous looking barnet. Also Batiste is dirt cheap, I mean dirty, filthy cheap. Cheaper than a sandwich from Tesco. Get it now.
Mac Strobe Cream: So you haven't quite got Kate Moss' cheekbones, well never fear, our old pal Mac developed this and it has already achieved cult status. Pat on cheek bones for SJP cheek bones and even use on decolletage/shoulders for a pretty sheen to show off you tan!
I found this next product at an arts and craft fair on New Zealand's South Island. I was wondering around and fiddling with beads, sheep skin boots and other bits and bobs, when I smelt something incredible and my nose dragged me to a woman with the most amazing skin standing in a marquee type affair. The Original Blackball Goats Milk Soap (my fav is Manuka Honey) is made with completely natural ingredients and handmade in Christchurch New Zealand. Now unfortunately you cannot buy this here in the UK and I rely on my sister, who is now a convert to this since we found it in this amazing 'alternative' market, to send it to me.
However, fear not, Crabtree and Evelyn do a great range of natural goats milk products and I heartily recommend them. Check out www.crabtree-evelyn.co.uk. I like the Crabtree and Evelyn Triple Milled Goatmilk Soap. Feel bad dangling this amazing product within your grasp and cruelly snatching it away, but if you or your family/friends ever pop over to NZ, look out for it.
These are legendary products: Lancome Juicy Tubes. One of my most favoured lip glosses, my first real wages from a little part time job as a waitress went on one of these deliciously wicked tubes, I got mine in Fraise. Still a firm favourite. This particular fav at the moment is a limited edition from last year; I got three so as not to run out.
TOP TIP: Always stock up if you find a product you love, you never know when it might get taken away.. :-(
Ooh, this is a legendary product, loved by the masses! Kiehl's Creme de Corps. This needs no explaining. It is such a rich moisturiser; enriching even the driest skin. I love this and have spread the word on behalf of this amazing product. I find grandmothers and great-aunts are particularly fond of this little gem. Buy it for granny and find yourself with lots of home made apple pies as a thank-you. Well, you can't say fairer than that!
Wow, this is a long old list...Nars Skin Mud Mask - see previous post. Fantastic for deep cleansing and getting rid of toxins.
Natural Collection Passion fruit Body Spray: MMMMM lush lush lush. For £1.99 from Boots this leaves you smelling so good. It is light, fresh and doesn't make you want to be sick. Great bargain product and perfect for a quick spritz anytime. TOP TIP: I spray this on cushions, on the carpet, on my curtains and generally around the room to make it smell gorgeous before guests come round. Try a spritz of it on light bulbs or use your favourite perfume; the heat will send the scent around the room.
Frizz Ease Hair Serum by John Frieda is a miracle for your hair. Can't do without out and I love to rub a pin-top sized amount through the ends of my hair to give it a slight sheen. Worth every penny.
Hoola by Benefit is without a doubt one of the best bronzers in the whole wide world. At £22 it can be deemed a bit pricey, but it lasts for ages and will never break and fall out in your Mulberry (like other brands have done before...) as it comes in a Mr-T type indestructible box.
I also recommend bronzing powders by Mac, Estee Lauder and Guerlain.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is a protective recovery complex serum that you smooth onto cleansed skin morning and night. After a few weeks you WILL notice a difference. Think of all the good this is doing long term. Brilliant.
Le Vernis in Rouge Noir by Chanel was also one of the first teenage-bought luxuries. Smooth, dark and every bit as perfect as I imagined. Loved by celebs and the epitome of all that is right about Chanel. (Buy at Duty free and you can get more in your bag!)
Shu Uemura eyelash curlers are THE BEST investment a woman can make. Over the years I have tested loads of eyelash curlers and I can hand-on-my-heart state with all certainty that these are the greatest beauty tool of all time. Gently squeeze the bottom of the lashes (nearest the eyelid) and hold for 10-15 seconds, then do the same to the middle and then the top. Lush.
Philosophy Hope in a Jar is a lightweight moisturiser packed with antioxidants and beta-glucan guaranteed to give you a rosy glow. Use a 10p size blob for face and neck and smooth into the skin well. Try and allow 10 mins for it to sink in properly before yo apply make-up.
Finally, last but not least: Liz Earle Superbalm. Enriched with vitamin E and Neroli this is great for elbows, shoulders, feet, anywhere, a real skin saver for chapped skin. I rub mine into my cuticles and all over my feet after a long hot soak in the tub. Finish with Rouge Noir nail polish for the ultimate at home manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment