Monday 5 October 2009

Review: Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lipcolour

As lipsticks go, I am a big fan and tend to lean towards Estee Lauder and Mac when purchasing. However, when the lovely ladies from Chanel send me bits to review I am excited at the prospect of using a new lippy and experimenting with fab new shades.
Now, I would show you how it looks on different skin types, but as my camera is still broken, this is potentially problematic...

So, here is a sexy red PR shot instead!

The innovative pop-up lid allows you to easily access the lippy in emergency situations (falling out of a cab dahling, post-snog situation....popping it on tube so you look all chic..) and once out of the classic black Chanel case, you can't help but stare in wonder.

The Stick is glossy, but not stickly-shiny and of course I am trying a peachy shade to suit my skintone - 'Instinctive' which glides on perfectly, leaving a subtle tint on my lips.

A highly pigmented lipstick like this is a worthwhile investment if you're struggling to breathe with the price. It also makes a great talking point at parties when you bet a man £10 he can't open it within ten seconds.

£21.50 @ Boots, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment