Tuesday 24 November 2009

Review: Saks Kings Hill, Kent

You must have heard of Saks, right? I know I have and always assumed they would be really expensive, snooty sort of salon with an elite clientele that mere mortals would not attempt to infiltrate. How wrong I was and I am prepared to shout this from the rooftops.
Amazing – in fact so good I have booked my next set of highlights at the salon I reviewed – something I have never done until now after six years of beauty reviews.
My fabulous stylist was brilliant from start to finish and after a heavy night prior to my appointment, all I needed was a relaxing, invigorating treatment and as promised, she delivered.
Situated within the famous David Lloyd fitness centres in Kings Hill, Kent, this Saks salon is deceptive large and home to celebrity dancer (of Strictly fame) Ola Jordon who is a loyal regular – and I can see why.
Fresh, airy, clean and fashionable, this salon has a warm and welcoming atmosphere and was quietly buzzing with energy and an infectious happiness that made the start of my experience very nice indeed.
My stylist talked me through the ideas I had and how she interpreted them with a style and colour that would suit my face shape, colouring, lifestyle and maintenance efforts.
I explained that I wanted to go a coppery shade, changing from my natural dark brown shade, which I feel washes me out, especially in the winter months.
She took me through my current cut and asked me, in detail what I usually do with my hair and how often I go back to the salon for a cut and colour.
We decided that a head full of highlights followed by a copper tint would be the best bet, along with a classic bob that is long enough to tie up and curl/wave/straighten.
As drinks and snacks and copies of Elle and Vogue were sent my way, my stylist packed my head full of foils, going for an unusual packing system, which would avoid the dreaded zebra stripe effect so common with foiled highlights.
As I mellowed for a couple of hours to allow the bleach to take to my dark hair, the team talked me through their extensive training, synonymous with the high standards of all Saks salons. If you want to know anything about hair, ask them: I was blown away by the sheer level of knowledge and expertise they hold and for once felt totally at the mercy of a qualified and experienced stylist –without the hefty price tag.
Once the foils were off, I had a conditioning treatment and invigorating head massage, which very nearly sent me off to sleep.
So snappy was the stylist with the scissors that my cut was finished within half an hour and I was ready to go with a sexy wave courtesy of an old curling technique being re-introduced by Saks stylists.
Hot score: 9/10 – fantastic staff, great salon, brilliant service, great experience and value for money. Top notch.
I am booked in for another cut and colour just before Christmas and can’t wait!
Prices vary and start from about £20
www.saks.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment