Tuesday 13 April 2010

Heidi Montag

This story makes me sad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1265319/Heidi-Montag-unveils-new-look-bikini-body---10-surgeries-shes-happy-it.html

I guess I am one of these girls who is pretty easy going to the choices other people make; I don't spout off about 'she said this' and 'she said that' and I am guessing this is down to the fact that I lived with my papa and wasn't surrounded by the kind of 'general bitchiness' of woman and I say that loosely, but I guess you can understand what I mean? I am more of a tomboy and rarely moan about things that just aren't relevant. oh I wish this and I wish that, but this story scares me.
Heidi Montag had such a unique and beautiful face before her surgery and I understand about feeling insecure and treating your imperfections, but man alive, will she ever stop? I have scars up my legs from accidents and the fragility of my skin from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, but after being allowed preferential treatment of wearing trousers in the summer because I was so ashamed of them (even in tights) it took me a long time to accept them. Being a teenager is difficult at the best of times, but it took someone to tell me that the scars made me unique and 'who I am' that I finally let go of those insecurities. Don't get me wrong, people still stare of ask me 'dear god what happened to you' in the summer when I am rocking a cute little summer dress, but I just deal with it. I would never change them.
I question who was there for Heidi? It scares me that she has completely altered who she is - she has no trace of her parentage left in her face and she now looks like a barbie doll. This begs the question concerning this conditioning of young minds - the quest for perfection and how the media portrays this.

No comments:

Post a Comment